创想智造3D打印手板模型加工

标题: 【分享】the Rapid Prototyping Electronic Mailing List [打印本页]

作者: haha    时间: 2002-3-7 14:10
标题: 【分享】the Rapid Prototyping Electronic Mailing List
快速成型技术也称快速原型制造技术,简称RP(Rapid Prototyping)或RPM(Rapid Prototyping Manufacturing)。  

8D
作者: haha    时间: 2002-3-7 14:12
What is an "Electronic mailing list"
An electronic mailing list can be an extremely fast and simple means for exchanging ideas, obtaining information, establishing contacts, and distributing information. A message sent to this list gets distributed to a worldwide audience consisting of approximately 1400 subscribers at the moment (January 1999).  
What is the purpose of this mailing list?
It is a forum for individuals interested in Rapid Prototyping Technologies (RPT) in Manufacturing. Any topic related to RPT can be discussed.

How does it work?
This mailing list is managed automagically by "Majordomo". This means that several services are provided without human (read our intervention). This includes subscribing/unsubscribing, obtaining old messages, getting a copy of the mailing list, etc.  

For a complete list of services, send a message to "majordomo@rapid.lpt.fi" containing the line "help". A copy has been appended at the end of this page.  

How do I subscribe or unsubscribe to this list?
It is very simple. Just send a message to majordomo@rapid.lpt.fi. The message should contain the line "subscribe rp-ml" or "unsubscribe rp-ml", optionally followed by your e-mail address, eg. "unsubscribe rp-ml me@here".  
If you specify an address different from the one in your mail headers, you may run into difficulties later if you wish to unsubscribe to the list. Therefore it is not recommended to use the email address in your subscription message unless it is absolutely necessary. In most cases your mail headers will have the correct address and there's no need to fiddle with it.  

How do I send messages to this mailing list?
Again, it is very simple. Just send a message to rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi Every individual in the mailing list will receive a copy of the message.  
There is no moderator. Your message WILL always be forwarded to everyone on the list. Please read your message twice before submitting it.  

If you send a reply to an article from the list, it will by default be sent to the original author only. If you wish to send your reply to the list, you must change the recipient of your message to rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi. Most mailers have a "reply to all" or "group reply" feature that will do this automatically.  

Who is maintaining this list?
The "owner" of the list is Hannu Kaikonen <rp-adm@rapid.lpt.fi> The person behind all the technical details and the majordomo installation is Seppo J Niemi <zaphod@rapid.lpt.fi>.  
What other functions are available?
The majordomo software supports a number of functions. You can get a help message describing all of them, by sending email to majordomo@rapid.lpt.fi. In the body of the message there should be the word "help". If the function you need is not described in the help message, it cannot be done. A copy of the message is appended at the end of this page.  
How do I get to see the messages already posted?
As an additional service (i.e. it has nothing to do with the majordomo software) the articles posted can also be accessed via World Wide Web. Just say https://rapid.lpt.fi/archives/ to your favourite Web browser. The digests are available by anonymous ftp at ftp://rapid.lpt.fi/pub/rp-ml. The ftp-server supports on-the-fly compression, so those of you behind sloow links can append a .gz -suffix to the file name in a GET -operation. The compression is done with gzip (the GNU compression utility).  
Guidelines - mailing list etiquette
Advertising on the mailing list
Once upon a time, it was felt by some that advertising on this mailing list was not appropriate.  

It is NOT, unless the message is INFORMATIVE, ie. it contains information relevant to an issue being discussed, or it helps fullfill the purpose of the mailing list.  

For instance, it is entirely acceptable for a RP vendor to announce a new product. We are all interested in the products the RP vendors are placing on the market. I refrain from giving more examples, and I hope common sense and tolerance prevail from those sending and receiving such messages.  

Answers to questions
When responding to a posted question, if your answer is likely to be of general interest (usually), then send the reply to the list (rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi), not just to the person asking the question. This means NOT simply using the "reply" feature in your e-mail program, which will only send the reply to the person who posted. Most mailers have a "reply to all" or "group reply" function which will accomplish this.  

As the questioner, if you do receive replies directly, then it is good manners to post a summary of the responses you get, unless the sender(s) explicitly tells you otherwise. In summary, if you use this mailing list to obtain information, it is good manners to share it with others.  

Chain letters
Circulating chain letters through the mailing list is absolutely forbidden. Chain letters should not be sent in the Internet, and many Internet Service Providers have accepted a policy of disabling accounts that are caught sending chain letters. You have been warned.

欢迎光临 创想智造3D打印手板模型加工 (https://24maker.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3